Terms of Usage (updated July 2016)
Guard Your Password
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access any secure areas of the Site. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your password, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You will immediately notify Company of any unauthorized use of your password.
Any logo, trademark or tradename of a third party is the property of such third party. Any such logo, trademark or tradename will be removed from the Site upon the request of the owner within 48 hours from the receipt of a written letter.
You agree to use the Site, Content or Services for your internal business or personal use only. You agree not to do any of the following while using the Site, Content or Services:
- Post, publish or transmit or store any text, graphics, or material that: (i) is false or misleading; (ii) is defamatory; (iii) invades another’s privacy; (iv) is obscene, pornographic, or offensive; (v) promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any individual or group; (vi) infringes another’s rights, including any intellectual property rights; or (vii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability;
- Use the Services to violate any laws or any rights of Company or any other person or otherwise misuse or inappropriately use the Services;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Site or Company’s computer systems;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Attempt to access or search the Site, Content, or Services with any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism other than the software and/or search agents provided by Company or other generally available third party web browsers;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site, Content, or Services;
- Sell, lease, lend, transfer or rent the Site, Content, or Services, use the Site, Content, or Services to provide service bureau, time sharing, rental, application services provider or other services to third parties, or otherwise make the functionality of the Site, Content, or Services available to third parties;
- Copy, modify, duplicate, create derivative works from, frame, mirror, republish, download, display, transmit, or distribute all or any portion of the Site, Content, or Services in any form or media or by any means;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, Trojan horses, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Site.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
LabWorm services are for the benefit of the public. The Site may contain links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that Company is not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by Company of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
You shall have sole responsibility for the legality, reliability, integrity, accuracy and quality of all of the data provided by you and your authorized users for the purpose of and in connection with using the Services ("Customer Data"). We may keep, use and share, publicly and with our partners, aggregated non-personally identifiable information derived from Customer Data and the Services, including but not limited to for the purpose of improving the Services.
Use of the Site at Your Own Risk
our access to and use of the Site, Content, and Services is at your own risk. Company will have no responsibility for any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Site, Content, or Services.
The Site is Available "AS-IS"
THE SITE, CONTENT, AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, COMPANY EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE, CONTENT, OR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS. COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR INFORMATION PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, CONTENT OR SERVICES, OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, CONTENT OR SERVICES.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM COMPANY OR THROUGH THE SITE, CONTENT, OR SERVICES, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER Company NOR ANY OTHER party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site, content, or services will be liable for any incidental, SPECIAL, consequential or PUNITIVE damages resulting from your access to or use of, or inability to access or use, the Site, content, or services, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) or any other legal theory, whether or not COMPANY has been informed of the possibility of such damage.
YOU AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF COMPANY TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, CONTENT OR SERVICES IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNTS YOU HAVE PAID TO COMPANY FOR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, CONTENT, OR SERVICES DURING THE 12 MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE EVENT(S) THAT GAVE RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN COMPANY AND YOU.
Controlling Law and Jurisdiction
the Company may use affliate links to monotize the contnent of the site.
As used in this policy, the terms "using" and "processing" information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide our Services, administer your account, and improve our Site, Services and Content.
Personally Identifiable and other Information.
- When you register with us through the Site, we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Information"). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, email address and home and business postal addresses. If you access and use the Site and/or Services through a mobile device, Company may collect information regarding your GPS location and associated services from your mobile device.
- We also collect the other information that you provide as part of registration and the administration and personalization of your account (e.g., without limitation, Institute and individual preferences) ("Non-Identifying Information").
- We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide, improve and personalize the Services (including improving our algorithms), analytics purposes, and administer your account and use of the Services.
- Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Company Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Services and to analyze and understand how our Site and Services are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
- We also use your Personal Information to contact you with Company newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your "user preferences" information.
- We may disclose the identity of our business customers and use their logos on our website and marketing materials.
When you visit the Site, whether as an Company subscriber, employee or consultant of a Company subscriber, or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a "Company User"), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, activities on our Site, access times and dates, metadata, identification numbers of the devices you use to connect to the Services, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Services and for the Site’s technical administration, to improve the Services, to increase our Site’s functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor it to our users’ needs. We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information or use it in association with other Personal Information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information. We may keep Log Data after you are no longer a Company User.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to Company. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may keep, use and share, publicly and with our partners, aggregated non-personally identifiable information derived from information provided by you and your authorized users and the Services, including but not limited to for the purpose of improving the Services. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform Site-related services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Site and Services are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Company cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Third Party Data
You shall ensure that if you provide any data of third parties, any such third party has been informed of, and have given its consent to, the use, processing, and transfer of data in connection with the Services; including, without limitation, the automatic analysis and processing of emails and other data of your employees and consultants.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All Company Users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their account by contacting us. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your record in our system or stop sending you any information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request that we delete your Personal Information from our database. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Company is very concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored "personal data" (as defined under applicable law) to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Links to Other Sites
Our Site contains links to other websites. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy toward Children
This Site is not directed to children under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.